The Swirly J Blogs

Hello! My name is Jennifer G., but you can call me Jenny! I am a bit of a nerd and have a huge love for video games, anime, comics, animated films, ect. My passion is creating in a 2D format and telling stories through illustration. I am learning everyday and I plan to keep it that way for the rest of my life! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blast from the past


ACH! COVER YOUR EYES! No haha don't. No that is not an illusion. 6 years ago the image to the left is how I used to draw. Typcial anime style with huge eyes and all my characters had this sad expression. Yadda yadda yadda. I think it is important that people see where artists (Especially ones they look up to) see that at one point or another, they also had problems and terrible drawing skills. I am also using this as a refresher to myself that I have improved and that I am better then I was. This sketch took about 10 minutes once again late start. I also did a resume on monster that took FOREVER! ARG! Glad that is over! Tomorrow you will see this piece again...minus the terrible drawing. That will come back when it is finished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment