The Swirly J Blogs

Hello! My name is Jennifer G., but you can call me Jenny! I am a bit of a nerd and have a huge love for video games, anime, comics, animated films, ect. My passion is creating in a 2D format and telling stories through illustration. I am learning everyday and I plan to keep it that way for the rest of my life! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Some faces

Hi all! I was really inspired by CTNX yesterday and I want to make a commitment to myself. Everyday, I will upload something. Good or bad. Its going to come up! Starting today. Truth be told, I have honestly been in a slump, feeling worthless, feeling like I can't get any help anywhere, feeling ignored, feeling frustrated and depressed. "Ill never be good enough to be in this industry!" I'd tell myself. I am nothing but a freaking failure and in debt up to my ears for soemthing I am not great at." Id say. "I should just quit and give up, I am nothing, I can't do it. I need some help. Please someone, say something. What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? Do I have a chance?" All these things, is all I would think. but thanks to some nice pep talk Saturday at CTNX I just have to keep going. I have to keep drawing and I can't stop. I did start from the bottom of the art chain and I have worked extremely hard to even get to this point. I have known about my lighting issues and my facial distortions and I am sure something else is wrong. I can't stop, I have to keep going. I have to keep trying, because I have nothing else. Without my art, I am nothing...However, my art is nothing, if I am nothing...I have to be something...oneday....

No comments:

Post a Comment